
What You Can't Bring On Etihad Rail Passenger Trains
If you’re planning to travel on Etihad Rail‘s passenger trains, it’s essential to know what items are prohibited and what you can bring on board. Etihad Rail has published a list of banned and restricted items to ensure the safety and security of all passengers. The list includes 13 prohibited items, such as explosive materials, flammable substances, and alcoholic beverages.
The prohibited items on Etihad Rail passenger trains include:
- Explosive materials, including fireworks and ammunition
- Flammable and hazardous substances, such as gasoline and paint thinners
- Weapons, unless carried by authorized personnel
- Illegal drugs
- Chemical and biological hazards
- Large and disruptive items, such as oversized luggage and sports equipment
- Unsecured items, including plants
- Trade items, such as those that should be transported by a specialized professional
- Customs banned items
- Alcoholic beverages
- Smoking devices, including electronic shisha and vaping devices
- Offensive items, such as those that emit strong odors
- Bicycles, scooters, and personal means of transport
- Luggage: Passengers can bring up to two items of luggage free of charge, but additional baggage must be requested through the app, website, or at a station.
- Wheelchairs: Allowed if the passenger has reserved a wheelchair space at the time of booking and the wheelchair has integrated manufacturer-installed batteries.
- Strollers or baby carriages: Allowed if the passenger is traveling with a child and the stroller is easily foldable or can be disassembled.
- Medical equipment: Allowed if the passenger has booked wheelchair seating and the equipment fits within the allocated wheelchair seating area.
If you’re planning to travel on Etihad Rail, make sure to check the list of prohibited and restricted items before your journey to avoid any inconvenience.

Belgium Wildfire Burns 27km
Massive Belgium Wildfire Forces 600 Evacuations
A massive wildfire in eastern Belgium's High Fens nature reserve has burned through more than 27 square kilometres of land, forcing hundreds of residents to evacuate. The fire, described as one of the worst wildfires in Belgium's recent history, has spread across the protected area in Liège Province, near the German border. Around 600 residents in the nearby municipalities of Waimes and Bütgenbach were ordered to evacuate on Saturday as shifting winds pushed smoke toward populated areas.
Liège Provincial Governor Hervé Jamar said more than 250 emergency personnel had been deployed, including over 100 Belgian and German firefighters, alongside police, military personnel, and civil protection teams. Firefighting efforts have also been supported by helicopters operated by Belgium's federal police and the Netherlands. Authorities said no homes had been damaged as of Sunday morning, although the fire remained close to residential areas and dense smoke continued to affect the region.
The wildfire follows several weeks of unusually hot and dry weather in Belgium. Efforts to contain the blaze have been complicated by shifting winds, which have pushed smoke toward populated areas. Residents were urged to avoid the fire zone, with officials warning that unnecessary traffic could hinder emergency operations and slow firefighting efforts.
This disaster is reminiscent of other recent wildfires in Europe, which have been exacerbated by hot and dry weather conditions. The High Fens nature reserve, where the fire is burning, is a protected area known for its unique ecosystem and biodiversity.

SpaceX Launch Record: 2 Falcon 9 Missions in 38 Minutes
SpaceX Smashes Launch Record with Back-to-Back Falcon 9 Missions
SpaceX has set a new launch record after two Falcon 9 rockets lifted off from opposite coasts of the United States just 38 minutes apart. The back-to-back launches took place on Saturday, with one Falcon 9 carrying eight Globalstar satellites into orbit from Florida and a second launching the classified USSF-366 mission for the US Space Force from California. The first Falcon 9 lifted off from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida at 9:12 p.m. EDT on Saturday, carrying eight satellites for Louisiana-based telecommunications company Globalstar into low Earth orbit. SpaceX said all eight satellites were successfully deployed, with spacecraft separation taking place over a period of about six minutes beginning approximately 56.5 minutes after liftoff. Just 38 minutes later, another Falcon 9 rocket launched from Vandenberg Space Force Base on California's central coast, carrying the classified USSF-366 mission on behalf of the US Space Force. The launches marked another milestone for SpaceX as the company continues to expand the pace and frequency of its launch operations from multiple sites across the United States.
The dual missions successfully delivered eight Globalstar communications satellites from Florida and a classified US Space Force payload from California, demonstrating SpaceX's capabilities in launch operations. This achievement is a significant milestone for the company, as it continues to push the boundaries of space exploration and technology.

Alex Eala Hits Career-High No 18
Alex Eala Soars to Career-High World No 18
Alex Eala has reached a new career-high No. 18 in the WTA Live Rankings, with 2,166 points, ahead of her 2026 Cincinnati Open campaign. The No. 18 represents Alex’s current live ranking, while No. 20 remains her official WTA ranking for the current ranking week. Tennis fans and local investors are following her progress closely as she prepares for the Cincinnati Open, where she is seeded No. 17.
With her current ranking, Alex Eala has another opportunity to earn more points and climb even higher depending on how far she advances in the Cincinnati Open. Her rise in the rankings reflects her steady progression among the best players on the tour, having recorded several notable results on the WTA circuit this season.
The Cincinnati Open marks a significant milestone in her career, and her performance will be closely watched by fans and analysts alike. As she takes on the challenge, her ranking and reputation are on the line, making every match crucial in her pursuit of tennis excellence.
Alex Eala's journey to the top has been marked by her strong start to the 2026 season, including a semifinalist finish at the ASB Classic in Auckland and quarterfinal appearances at the Mubadala Abu Dhabi Open and the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. Her advancement to the Round of 16 at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells further solidified her position as a rising star in the tennis world.
As Alex Eala prepares to face off against top-ranked opponents in the Cincinnati Open, her career-high ranking serves as a reminder of her hard work and dedication to the sport. With each victory, she inches closer to her goal of becoming one of the world's top tennis players.

UN Resolution 2817: Iran Must Halt GCC Attacks
What is UN Security Council Resolution 2817?
As the US-Iran war approaches its six-month mark, the United Nations Security Council's Resolution 2817 has been frequently invoked. Adopted on March 11, 2026, this resolution demands that Iran halt its attacks on Gulf nations. But what exactly does the text say, and what are its implications?
UN resolutions are formal expressions of the opinion or will of United Nations organs. The UNSC is charged with taking action on any threats to peace, through resolutions and decisions. Resolution 2817 was drafted after several GCC countries and Jordan were forced to defend themselves against Iranian attacks. The resolution reiterated support for the territorial integrity and political independence of the countries facing Iran's attacks, including Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Jordan.
The resolution affirmed the right of "individual or collective self-defence" and denounced Iran's attacks on civilians, residential areas, and civilian infrastructure. It demanded the cessation of attacks and threats to neighboring states, including the use of proxies, and condemned attacks on vessels and Iran's actions aimed at interfering with navigation or closing the Strait of Hormuz. The resolution also affirmed that freedom of navigation by merchant and commercial vessels must be respected and noted the right of Member States to defend their vessels from attacks and provocations.
The adoption of Resolution 2817 has significant implications for the region. It demonstrates the international community's commitment to maintaining peace and stability in the Gulf region. The resolution's demand for Iran to halt its attacks on GCC nations and regional civilian infrastructure is a clear message that such actions will not be tolerated.
For GCC countries, the resolution provides a framework for collective self-defence against Iranian aggression. The affirmation of the right to individual or collective self-defence is a crucial aspect of the resolution, as it allows GCC countries to take necessary measures to protect themselves against Iranian attacks.
The resolution's impact on the UAE is particularly significant, given the country's strategic location and its role as a major trade hub. The UAE has been a strong advocate for regional stability and has worked closely with its GCC partners to address the Iranian threat. The resolution's demand for Iran to cease its attacks on commercial shipping and its affirmation of the right to defend vessels from attacks and provocations are crucial for the UAE's maritime security.
In conclusion, UN Security Council Resolution 2817 is a significant development in the ongoing conflict between the US and Iran. The resolution's demand for Iran to halt its attacks on GCC nations and regional civilian infrastructure is a clear message that such actions will not be tolerated. The resolution's implications for the region, particularly for GCC countries and the UAE, are significant, and it provides a framework for collective self-defence against Iranian aggression.

Polish Bus Crash Hungary: 12 Dead, 10 Injured
12 Killed, 10 Injured in Polish Tourist Bus Crash on Hungary's M3 Motorway
Twelve people have been killed and at least 10 injured after a Polish-registered bus overturned at night on a motorway in eastern Hungary. The bus, which was heading towards the city of Nyiregyhaza on the M3 motorway, ran into a ditch and tipped over near the town of Mezokeresztes. Hungarian police said preliminary information suggests the driver likely fell asleep at the wheel, and they are taking the driver into custody.
Polish President Karol Nawrocki expressed deep sorrow over the tragic news, saying many Polish compatriots died in the accident. Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski also commented on the incident, calling it a "tragic accident" involving a bus carrying Polish tourists. The consular service is operational, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will provide verified information.
The injured passengers have been taken to hospitals for treatment, but authorities have not yet released the victims' identities or the nationalities of those injured. The bus was carrying 57 Polish passengers and two drivers, according to Hungary's state news agency MTI.
This incident is a tragic reminder of the importance of road safety, and an investigation into the circumstances of the crash is ongoing.
The accident occurred on the M3 motorway near Mezokeresztes, a town in eastern Hungary. The Polish-registered bus was traveling towards Nyiregyhaza when it veered off the straight stretch of road, entered a ditch, and overturned.
As the investigation continues, Polish officials are working closely with Hungarian authorities to provide support to the victims and their families. The cause of the accident is still being determined, but preliminary findings suggest the driver's sleepiness may have contributed to the crash.


