
Supreme Court Preserves Birthright Citizenship
The claim circulating is that President Trump’s order could end birthright citizenship for people born in the United States. Here’s what the US Supreme Court actually says: the Court struck down President Donald Trump’s order seeking to end birthright citizenship, reaffirming that the 14th Amendment guarantees citizenship to people born in the United States.
The evidence from the US Supreme Court‘s ruling is clear: the 14th Amendment’s Citizenship Clause, adopted after the Civil War, establishes national citizenship and prevents states from denying it to people born on US soil. The Supreme Court’s action preserves the long-standing constitutional baseline that executive orders cannot override constitutional guarantees, keeping citizenship-at-birth rules stable for families, hospitals, state vital-records offices, and federal agencies. Confidence Score: Verified.
The US Supreme Court’s ruling is a significant affirmation of the 14th Amendment’s guarantee of citizenship for people born in the US. The verdict is straightforward: President Trump’s order to end birthright citizenship has been struck down, and the 14th Amendment’s guarantee remains in place.

Polish Bus Crash Hungary: 12 Dead, 10 Injured
12 Killed, 10 Injured in Polish Tourist Bus Crash on Hungary's M3 Motorway
Twelve people have been killed and at least 10 injured after a Polish-registered bus overturned at night on a motorway in eastern Hungary. The bus, which was heading towards the city of Nyiregyhaza on the M3 motorway, ran into a ditch and tipped over near the town of Mezokeresztes. Hungarian police said preliminary information suggests the driver likely fell asleep at the wheel, and they are taking the driver into custody.
Polish President Karol Nawrocki expressed deep sorrow over the tragic news, saying many Polish compatriots died in the accident. Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski also commented on the incident, calling it a "tragic accident" involving a bus carrying Polish tourists. The consular service is operational, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will provide verified information.
The injured passengers have been taken to hospitals for treatment, but authorities have not yet released the victims' identities or the nationalities of those injured. The bus was carrying 57 Polish passengers and two drivers, according to Hungary's state news agency MTI.
This incident is a tragic reminder of the importance of road safety, and an investigation into the circumstances of the crash is ongoing.
The accident occurred on the M3 motorway near Mezokeresztes, a town in eastern Hungary. The Polish-registered bus was traveling towards Nyiregyhaza when it veered off the straight stretch of road, entered a ditch, and overturned.
As the investigation continues, Polish officials are working closely with Hungarian authorities to provide support to the victims and their families. The cause of the accident is still being determined, but preliminary findings suggest the driver's sleepiness may have contributed to the crash.

Iran Offers $30,000 Bounty for US Soldiers
Iran Puts $30,000 Bounty on US Soldiers
Iran's military announced on Sunday that it was offering a bounty equivalent to $30,000 for killing or capturing US soldiers, with the reward doubled if carried out by a woman. The Iranian Army Chief, Amir Hatami, stated that the plan had been drawn up following "the large number of requests" to participate in the financial support. This move is seen as a response to ongoing hostilities and claimed public requests to provide financial backing for defense efforts.
The bounty, which is equivalent to $30,000, is a significant amount, and the fact that it is doubled for women suggests that Iran is actively encouraging female operatives to participate. The Iranian military has not provided any further details on how the bounty will be implemented or who will be eligible to receive it.
The announcement of the bounty comes at a time of heightened tensions between Iran and the US, with both countries engaging in a war of words and proxy conflicts in the region. The US has not yet responded to the announcement, but it is likely to be seen as a provocative move by the Iranian government.
In recent months, the US and Iran have been involved in a series of escalating incidents, including the downing of a US drone and the seizure of a British-flagged tanker. The situation remains volatile, and the announcement of the bounty is likely to further increase tensions between the two countries.
The Iranian government has framed the bounty as a response to public requests for financial support for defense efforts. However, the move is likely to be seen as a provocative gesture by the US and its allies, and it remains to be seen how the situation will develop in the coming days and weeks.
In the context of recent events, this announcement is the latest in a series of escalations between Iran and the US. On June 17, a 14-point deal was signed, but since then, hostilities have continued to escalate. The situation remains complex and volatile, with both countries engaging in a war of words and proxy conflicts in the region.

Greece wildfires claim 2 lives
2 Dead, Hundreds Evacuated as Wildfires Engulf Greek Island
Two people died and hundreds were evacuated on Sunday as two fires broke out on the Greek island of Salamis near Athens, the fire department said. Local residents and bathers were among those evacuated, with hundreds of people hurriedly leaving the area as the fires broke out "almost simultaneously" in Peristeria and Selinia, two popular bathing areas in the island's south and east.
The civil protection ministry issued four evacuation orders as the fires spread, with the fire service mobilising a large force of some 200 firefighters, nearly 50 engines, six aircraft, and seven helicopters. Greece's coastguard also dispatched five patrol boats to the area, and several private vessels, including ferries, were made available to assist in the evacuation efforts.
Thirty-four fires have broken out over the past 24 hours around Greece, according to the fire department, with five firefighters dying so far, including a Danish pilot killed in a mid-air collision between two Bell helicopters while battling a blaze near Athens earlier this month. The recent wildfires in Greece have been fueled by unusually strong winds, after the country largely escaped the heatwave temperatures that blanketed much of Europe earlier this summer.
The situation on Salamis island is being closely monitored, with local officials trying to keep the two fires from scaling a mountain and linking up. The fire department has warned of a difficult fire inside an inhabited area, with some roads remaining open and police forces guiding people to safety.
This latest incident follows a series of major wildfires in Greece since late July, with firefighters having largely contained a blaze on the Aegean island of Skyros earlier. The Greek authorities are working to bring the situation under control, with the fire service and coastguard working together to evacuate those in danger and contain the spread of the fires.
The recent wildfires in Greece are part of a larger pattern of extreme weather events affecting Europe, with several countries experiencing severe heatwaves and wildfires in recent weeks. The Greek government has declared a state of emergency in response to the wildfires, with the military and emergency services working together to respond to the crisis.

Cristiano Ronaldo Hints at Retirement
Ronaldo Eyes Farewell Season
Cristiano Ronaldo has indicated that the current season will likely be his final year in professional football. The 41-year-old Portugal forward made this revelation in an interview with Vogue, where he expressed his desire to leave a lasting legacy and spend more time with his family. Ronaldo's comments come after Portugal's World Cup campaign ended in the last 16 against eventual champions Spain.
Ronaldo's decision to potentially retire from football will see him miss the 2030 World Cup, which will be jointly hosted by Portugal, Spain, and Morocco. He has already confirmed that the recent World Cup was his last, and his current contract with Al Nassr runs until June 2027. Despite this, Ronaldo has not announced a definitive retirement date, leaving the possibility of continuing beyond the mentioned timeframe.
The Portugal icon has scored three goals in the recent World Cup and remains one of the sport's biggest names. His interview with Vogue also comes shortly after his marriage to Georgina Rodríguez, where they discussed their plans for life beyond football. Ronaldo hopes to travel, play more padel, and enjoy time with his family after years of training, competition, and sacrifice.
Ronaldo's potential retirement will mark the end of an era in football, with the legendary player having spent over 25 years at the top of the sport. His legacy will undoubtedly be remembered for years to come, and his decision to retire will have a significant impact on the football world.
The 2030 World Cup will be one of the first major tournaments without Ronaldo's participation, and it will be interesting to see how his absence affects the sport. For now, fans will have to wait and see if Ronaldo will indeed retire after the current season or if he will continue to play beyond his mentioned timeframe.
In the context of his career, Ronaldo's potential retirement is a significant development, coming after a long and successful career with numerous achievements. His decision to retire will be remembered as a key moment in football history.

Trump Iran Deadline Expires: War Continues
Trump's Iran Deadline Expires, War Drags On
The 60-day deadline set by US President Donald Trump for the United States and Iran to turn their June 17 ceasefire framework into a broader settlement has expired. As of August 17, the war between the two nations continues, with no signs of a lasting peace agreement. The US and Iran remain locked in an economic and political stalemate, with neither side willing to make the necessary concessions for a settlement.
The June deal had envisioned a broader settlement within two months, addressing Tehran's nuclear program and helping to fully reopen the Strait of Hormuz. However, with the deadline now expired, the situation remains uncertain. There have been no publicly reported US strikes on Iranian targets since late July, but the military lull masks the effective collapse of the June memorandum of understanding.
US Vice President JD Vance has warned that the US has "tools in our toolkit that we so far haven't decided to use" against Iran, adding that he is "hopeful" negotiations will avoid them being deployed. President Trump has also expressed hope that a complete regime change could pave the way for more pragmatic and less radical leadership in Iran.
The expiration of the deadline has significant implications for the region, with the risk of a wider regional war still present. The Strait of Hormuz, a critical waterway for global oil supplies, remains a key point of contention between the US and Iran.
The United Nations had previously voted on a resolution aimed at addressing the crisis, but it was significantly weakened to try to get Russia and China to abstain rather than veto it. The resolution ultimately had little impact on the war, which is now in its fifth week.
The situation in the region remains volatile, with Iran's Mehr news agency reporting several attacks on Kharg island and explosions heard in the area. The US and Iran continue to engage in a war of words, with each side accusing the other of aggression and refusing to back down.
The expiration of the Trump Iran deadline marks a significant turning point in the conflict, with the world watching to see how the situation will unfold. One thing is certain, however: the war between the US and Iran is far from over.

